So you're finally ready to take the plunge and hire a company to help you move your stuff. But wait! With so many options out there, how do you know which one to choose? And with everyone claiming to be the "best" movers, how can you be sure you're getting what you pay for?
Before you hand over your hard-earned cash, there are a few things you should know about hiring online movers. In this blog post, we'll cover what you need to look for—and what to avoid—when choosing an online moving company.
What You Should Look for in Online Movers
When you're looking for an online mover, there are a few key things you'll want to keep in mind:
1. Make sure they're licensed and insured. This is the first and most important thing you should verify before hiring any company—online or otherwise. Moving companies are required by law to have both liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance. Check their website or give them a call to confirm that they have both of these things in place. You can verify Caddy Moving's insurance policy here.
2. Read reviews— but take them with a grain of salt. Customer reviews can be helpful, but it's important to remember that people are more likely to leave a review if they've had a bad experience. So, don't just read the five-star reviews; skim through the one- and two-star reviews too. This will give you a more well-rounded idea of what previous customers have thought about the company's services. Check our Caddy Moving's online reviews here.
3. Get everything in writing. Once you've chosen a company, make sure you get all the details of your agreement in writing. This includes items like their estimated price, the date/time of your move, and what type of coverage (if any) is included in your rate. This will protect you in case something goes wrong during the moving process. Rest assured, at Caddy we are a no-hidden fee moving company. Your estimated charges are confirmed online in our checkout process, before you click confirm. You'll know exactly how much you'll be charged before you book.
4. Know your rights as a customer. Familiarize yourself with your state's laws about moving companies before hiring anyone. This way, you'll know what kind of protections you have if something does go wrong during your move.
What You Should Avoid When Choosing Online Movers
There are also certain red flags that should make you think twice about hiring a particular company. Some things to watch out for include:
1. Hidden fees. One of the biggest complaints people have about moving companies is hidden fees . Be sure to ask upfront about any additional charges that could apply to your move, such as fuel surcharges or long-carry fees. Rest assured, Caddy Moving has none of these silly fees. We're devoted to being a no hidden or additional fee moving company.
2. Lack of customer service. Moving is stressful enough without having to deal with rude or unprofessional movers. If a company doesn't seem interested in answering your questions or addressing your concerns, it's probably not worth doing business with them. At Caddy, we're dedicated to putting you first. Our lines are open during business hours 7 days a week at 888-CADDY-44 and you can email us 24/7 at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Lack of transparency A good moving company will be open and honest about their pricing, their policies, and their procedures. If a company is being evasive or secretive about any of these things, it's probably best to steer clear. Caddy was curated to be transparent from start to finish. We have nothing to hide.
Now that we've gone over what qualities to look for (and avoid) when choosing an online mover, we hope you feel confident in choosing a company that's right for you!
We know there's a lot to think about when hiring online movers—but we promise it'll be worth it in the end! Just remember to do your research, get everything in writing, and know your rights as a customer. With those three things taken care of, we're confident you'll have a stress-free moving experience. Thanks for reading!