The process of moving can be a daunting and stressful task, especially if that entails moving your items into a storage unit for the first time. Considering a storage rental has more to it than just throwing your things into a space and forgetting about them. Here are some tips on how to successfully move into a storage unit.
1. Make an inventory list. This will help you keep track of what you have stored in your unit and will make it easier to find items when you need them.
2. Label all of your boxes. This will save you time and frustration when it comes to unpacking later on.
3. Invest in proper storage containers. Cheap cardboard boxes are more likely to break down over time, so it's worth spending a little extra money on sturdier plastic containers that will better protect your belongings.
4. Organize your unit in a logical way. Store items that you'll need access to more frequently near the front of the unit, and consider using shelves to maximize space and keep things from getting too cluttered.
5. Keep an eye on your unit. Even if you're not planning on accessing it often, it's still important to check on your belongings every now and then to make sure everything is in good condition (or at least as good as can be expected).
6. Don't forget about insurance! Your belongings should be covered in case of theft, damage, or other disasters – so make sure you're properly insured before renting out a storage unit.
Moving into a storage unit for the first time can be scary, but by following these tips you can make the process much simpler – and less stressful! Do you need help moving into a storage unit? Caddy can be your helping hand when the day comes. Book us online or give us a call to book movers to help with your storage unit move in.